Useful Japanese Phrases/Sentences: Meeting a Friend


  • How do you do?
  • Hajimemashite.

  • How are you?
  • Ogenki desu ka?/ Ikaga de gozaimasu ka?

  • I'm fine
  • Genki desu.

  • I haven't seen you for a long time.
  • Nagai koto ome ni kakarimasen deshita.

  • Well, I haven't seen you for a long time.
  • Ara, shibaraku deshita wa ne.

  • Do you remember me?
  • Anata wa watashi no koto o oboete imasu ka?

  • How are you these days?
  • Kono goro wa dou desu ka?

  • Where are you going?
  • Doko e ikimasu ka? / Dochira e odekake desu ka?

  • At the station.
  • Eki e ekimasu.

  • I am not going anywhere.
  • Doko ni mo yukimasen.

  • Where do you live?
  • Doko ni sunde imasu ka?

  • Where is your house?
  • Anato no ie wa doko desu ka?

  • In Tokyo.
  • Toukyou desu.

  • Is it far from here?
  • Koko kara tooi desu ka?

  • Yes, it is.
  • Hai, sou desu.

  • No it's not.
  • Iie, sou de arimasen.

  • I am living in an apartment.
  • Watashi wa apaato ni sunde imasu.

  • Give me you address, please.
  • Juusho o oshiete kudasai.

  • Where is your province?
  • Anato no inaka wa doko desu ka?

  • My province is ....
  • Watashi no inaka wa ....

  • Where is your office/
  • Jimusho wa doko desu ka?

  • My office is over there.
  • Jimusho wa achira desu.

  • What time does your office start?
  • Kaisha wa nan ji ni hajimarimasu ka?

  • At 8 o'clock.
  • Hachi ji ni hajimarimasu.

  • What time does it close?
  • Nan ji goro owarimasu ka?

  • About 5 o'clock.
  • Go ji goro desu.

  • Do you go home immediately after that?
  • Sono ato sugu uchi e kaerimasu ka?

  • Yes I do.
  • Hai.

  • Do you go to the office everyday?
  • Mainichi kaisha e ikimasu ka?

  • Yes, I do.
  • Ee.

  • On Saturdays too?
  • Doyoubi ni mo ikimasu ka?

  • No. Saturdays are holidays.
  • Iie, ikimasen. Doyoubi wa yasumi desu.

  • What is your job?
  • Oshigoto wa nan desu ka?

  • I work in a trading company.
  • Booeki gaisha ni tsutomete imasu.

  • I work in a publishing company.
  • Shuppansha ni tsutomete imasu.

  • I am a factory worker.
  • Watashi wa roudousha desu.

  • I am a telephone operator.
  • Watashi wa denwa koukanshu desu.

  • I am a painter.
  • Watashi wa penkiya desu.

  • I am a painter (artist).
  • Watashi wa gaka desu.

  • I am a businessman.
  • Watashi wa bijinesuman desu.

  • I am a real estate agent.
  • Watashi wa fudousan gyousha desu.

  • I am a teacher.
  • Watashi wa sensei desu.

  • I am a policeman.
  • Watashi wa omawarisan desu.

  • I am a farmer.
  • Watashi wa noufu desu.

  • I am a beautician.
  • Watashi wa biyoushi desu.

  • I am an engineer.
  • Watashi wa enjiniya desu.

  • I am a musician.
  • Watashi wa ongakuka desu.

  • I am a lawyer.
  • Watashi wa bengoshi desu.

  • Here's my calling card.
  • Meshi o douzo.

  • Oh, your company is in Osaka.
  • Aa, kaisha wa Osaka desu ne.

  • Yes. Drop in sometime to see me.
  • Ee. Kondo asobi ni kite kudasai.

  • Yes. But you must be busy.
  • Hai. Demo o isogashii deshou.

  • Well, call me first.
  • Sou desu ne... Ja, denwa o shite kudasai.

  • Here's my phone number.
  • Koko ni denwa bangou ga arimasu kara.

  • Please come tomorrow and visit me.
  • Ashita watashi no uchi e asobi ni kite kudasai.

  • Please come tomorrow, okey?
  • Ashita kite ne.

  • I'll go tomorrow.
  • Ashita ikimasu.

  • Will you go tomorrow?
  • Ashita iku ka?

  • Yeah, I'll go.
  • Aa, ashita iku.

  • If it rains, I won't go.
  • Moshi ame ga futtara ikimasen.

  • Even if it rains, I'll go.
  • Moshi ame de amo ikimasu.

  • How are your parents?
  • Goryoushin wa ogenki desu ka?

  • They are okey.
  • Genki desu.

  • How many children do you have?
  • Kodomo wa nan nin imasu ka?

  • I have tow.
  • Futari ga imasu.

  • Are they all boys?
  • Minna otoko no ko desu ka?

  • No, a boy and a girl.
  • Iie, otoko no ko to onna no ko desu.

  • How old is your daughter?
  • Ojousan wa nan sai desu ka?

  • My daughter is twelve years old.
  • Musume wa juu-ni sai desu.

  • My son is ten years old.
  • Musuko wa jussai desu.

  • How about you?
  • Anata wa.

  • I have three.
  • Sannin arimasu.

  • Two boys and a girl.
  • Futari no otoko no ko to hitori no onna no ko desu.

  • What will you do this evening?
  • Konban wa nani o shimasu ka?

  • I don't know yet.
  • Mada wakarimasen.

  • When are you at home?
  • Itsu anata wa ie ni imasu ka?

  • Almost every night.
  • Taitei yoru wa imasu.

  • I am always at home on Sundays.
  • Watashi wa Nichiyoubi wa itsumo uchi ni imasu.

  • I am at home anytime in the evenings.
  • Yoru wa itsu demo ie ni imasu.

  • Do you play golf?
  • Kimi wa gorufu o shimasu ka?

  • Yes, i do.
  • Hai shimasu.

  • No, I don't.
  • Iie, shimasen.

  • Do you know how to swim?
  • Anata wa oyugu koto ga dekimasu ka?

  • Yes, I know.
  • Hai, dekimasu.

  • No, I don't know.
  • Iie, dekimasen.

  • Do you drink alcohol?
  • Anata wa sake o nomimasu ka?

  • Yes, I do.
  • Hai, nomimasu.

  • No, I don't.
  • Iie, nomimasen.

  • Oh, we're at the station now. Please excuse me.
  • A, mou eki desu ne. Koko de shitsurei shimasu.

  • Come with me and meet my family.
  • Issho ni kite watashi no kazoku ni atte kudasai.

  • Won't you come and have some coffee with us?
  • Koohii o nomi ni ikimasen ka?

  • No, thank you.
  • Iie, arigatou gozaimasu.

  • Some other time.
  • Mata betsu no to ki ni ne.

  • Please give my regards to Mr. Haneda.
  • Haneda-san ni yoroshiku.

  • Please give my regards to your wife.
  • Okusama ni yoroshiku.

  • Please remember me to her.
  • Kanojo ni yoroshiku.

  • Please give hime my best wishes.
  • Douzo kare ni yoroshiku tsutaete kudasai.

  • Let's meet again soon.
  • Chikai uchi ni mata aimashou.

  • I hope we can meet again sometime.
  • Itsu ka mata ome ni kakaritai to omoimasu.

  • See you again.
  • Ja mata.

Comments

Thank you very much. Now me and my 6000 members following your blog.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnandaSinhalenJapan/

Popular Posts